Terms and Conditions
BOOKING TERMS: All booking requests are subject to confirmation.
- Terms and Conditions are not negotiable. By booking with RT Edgar Flinders/Portsea you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- Deposit of 50% of the rent to be paid within 24 hours of acceptance. All bookings will incur an RT Edgar booking fee of $55 (inc gst) plus any reseller fees.
- Payment can be made by EFT, Mastercard or Visa. Merchant fees apply for credit card transactions.
- Balance of rent and bond to be finalised 14 days prior to arrival date.
- Bookings made within a week of arrival date must be paid in full (including bond) at the time of booking.
- By agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you agree to receive our emarketing.
- Our properties are NOT available or to be used for functions, weddings or celebrations of any kind. A minimum fine of $1,000 will be incurred should an unauthorised function be held at the property (full security bond may also be forfeited). If security/police are called to the property for any reason, the tenants may be evicted immediately.
- No Schoolies bookings are permitted.
- Commercial activities of any type are prohibited at any property (unless otherwise approved).
- A security bond is required for all holiday rental bookings. We hold your security bond in a trust account and refund to you after the property has been inspected post departure. Payment can be made by EFT, Mastercard or Visa. Merchant fees apply for credit card transactions.
- Security bonds will be refunded within 7 business days of the guest’s departure unless a bond claim is made by the owner of the property. Security bonds that are paid by credit card will be refunded to that same credit card with no exceptions. This is a security measure to help prevent fraud.
- The cost of any damage to the property caused by the tenant or any other occupants is recoverable by the landlord and deducted from the bond.
- Disputes regarding damage, cleaning or rubbish will not be entered into unless reported to our office upon arrival at the premises.
- Damage or breakages to the property must be reported to the office immediately. If a tenant or any occupant is at fault, charges will be deducted from the security bond. If we, the agent are required to access the property due to damage or excess cleaning, a $165 call out fee will be deducted from the security bond.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number agreed with the Agent upon booking. We must be notified by email prior to arrival, of any increase to the number of tenants agreed to. The landlord will be compensated $100 per person for extra guests. The number of guests may determine the amount of bond held.
ARRIVAL & KEY COLLECTION
- Keys are to be collected from our Flinders/Portsea office from 2pm on your day of arrival unless otherwise advised. Arrivals outside office hours need to confirm alternate key collection.
- Photo identification must be shown when collecting keys
- The associated costs will be deducted from the security bond for lost or damaged keys.
- Properties must be vacated and Keys returned to the appropriate RT Edgar Flinders/Portsea office (or Key Safe if provided at the property) by 10am at the end of your stay, unless otherwise agreed with RT Edgar in advance.
- If housekeeping staff are inconvenienced or rescheduled due to late departure, guests may incur additional costs.
The property should be left in a similar state to its condition on your arrival. In particular:
- Dishes need to be washed, dried and stacked away and/or dishwasher emptied.
- BBQ must be clean – An $85 cleaning fee will apply if not cleaned on your departure.
- All rubbish removed from the property and placed into appropriate garbage bins provided. It may be a requirement to take rubbish bins out for collection if you are staying in the property on a collection day, check the collection day in the property compendium, failure to do so will incur a bin fee (min fee of $60 will apply depending on the amount of rubbish) which will be deducted from your bond.
- If any or all of these items are not attended to, the additional cleaning time and associated costs required to bring the property up to standard will be deducted from your bond or be otherwise recoverable from you.
Unless otherwise stated, telephone and internet access is not available at our Short Stay Rental Accommodation properties.
Access to and use of WiFi (where available) is subject to the terms and conditions set out below:
- The Owners will take reasonable action to provide reliable, secure and stable access to the guest wi-fi, but does not guarantee that the guest Wi-Fi will be continuous, fault free, secure or accessible at all times.
- The Owners will not be liable if access to the guest Wi-Fi becomes unstable, unsecured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- Should the Wi-Fi not be available due to technical or service issues NO compensation will be given.
- Television reception varies due to weather conditions and location. We cannot guarantee the quality of the reception at individual properties.
- Please do not, under any circumstances attempt to re-tune the television as you may be liable for the cost of having it professionally reprogrammed.
GARDENS, POOL, PARKING & MAINTENANCE
- In the event of any electrical, gas or battery operated appliance failing to operate, (other than an emergency eg. gas leak, hot water service failure, toilet blockage etc.) the owner is under no obligation to replace or repair during the term of your stay.
- Note: Service people (lawn mowing, pool maintenance etc.) may come onto the property without warning during your stay. We endeavour to notify guests when this will happen, but it can be difficult in some cases due to disruptions in scheduling due to weather, fire restrictions etc.
- Settings for any pool or spa are automated and any guest who tampers with the pool setting will lose their bond. In addition, please be mindful of the Mornington Peninsula Shire Code of Conduct, we ask you not to use the pool after 11pm and before 8am as a courtesy to our neighbours.
- Never allow pets into the pool and keep pets away from the pool area
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES WHEN IN THE SPA AND POOL
- TOILETS: DO NOT flush any sanitary products or foreign objects down the toilet. If a blockage occurs due to foreign objects being flushed, the guest will be liable for the plumbing costs.
- Parking is only permitted in allocated bays/areas and driveways within the property. Please do not park on nature strips, lawns or garden beds of property.
- Any maintenance issues must be reported to our office (or phoned through to the after hours number for urgent repairs). No responsibility will be accepted for maintenance accounts/expenses that are not directed through our office.
Pets are only allowed where specific arrangements have been made PRIOR to arrival. In those instances:
- There is a Pet Levy of $50 per pet, at pet-friendly properties
- Please bring your own bedding and bowls for your pets
- Do not allow pets on bedding and furniture
- Do not lock pets inside while you are out. We do not take responsibility for pets left in courtyards or fenced gardens, you must do so at your own risk.
- Constant barking and/or howling is not acceptable and will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the termination of the booking.
- Please check the courtyards and garden areas thoroughly before you leave and clean up any mess left by your pets. Failure to do so will incur additional charges.
- Your pets are an extension of you. You will be charged for any damage at the property including damage done to plants, driveways, irrigation systems, hoses, outdoor furniture etc caused by your pets.
- Excessive cleaning of hair on furniture or bedding may also incur a cost.
- Is NOT PERMITTED at the property, all properties are smoke free zones (i.e. both inside the home and outdoors).
- Any evidence of smoking or butts left at the property, including grounds and garden, will incur an additional cleaning fee of $40 and will be deducted from the Security Bond.
- We as Agents act in good faith when taking bookings; therefore, we accept no responsibility for bookings made over the phone or by internet, without the guest having inspected the property first, or incorrect dates entered by a tenant when booking.
- Action taken by owners may be beyond our control, such as a property being sold, rental rates being increased prior to confirmation of booking, or the property taken off the rental market. In such a situation, we will endeavour to do our best to find another property for you.
- RT Edgar Flinders/Portsea will not be held responsible for failure of utilities and appliances if they cease to function. However, we will report incidents to the property owner and follow their instructions. The guest agrees to allow tradesmen onto the property to allow repairs to be made where necessary.
- In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the holiday premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- RT Edgar Flinders/Portsea or the property owner can accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any alteration, delay, or cancellation or any other loss or damage of any kind caused by civil commotions, strikes, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fire, declaration of code red, floods, storms, failure of public utilities, mechanical breakdown, acts of Government or Public Authority, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of any form of transport which are beyond our control or any other circumstances that amount to ‘acts of God’.
- For After Hours Emergency, call 000. For issues that can be attended by our office please call the office you made your booking through. Flinders 0455 664 773 or Portsea 03 5984 4500.
CONDUCT AND NOISE
MORNINGTON PENINSULA SHIRE – CODE OF CONDUCT requires guests to:
- Behave responsibly during your stay. Loud yelling, screaming, cheering and aggressive behaviour is NOT acceptable and may result in the early termination of your stay if a complaint is received by Council
- All occupant vehicles to be parked onsite from 11pm
- No additional accommodation is permitted on site such as tents, caravans, campervans
- Do not use outdoor areas for activity between 11:00pm to 7:00am
- Place all waste into the bins provided prior to leaving
Please be mindful while enjoying your stay that surrounding neighbours live in this community and are entitled to peace and amenity in their residential area. A serious breach of Code of Conduct may result in the termination of your rental agreement and require you to immediately vacate the property. A $1,000 immediate fine (security bond forfeited) will be incurred should you breach the Code Of Conduct.
- A call out fee of $165 will apply if a member of RT Edgar staff or person associated with RT Edgar are called out to attend the property in association with the MPS – Code of Conduct.
CODE RED FIRE DAY
- We will make every endeavour to contact guests if their arrival day coincides with the announcement of a code red fire day.
- We encourage guests to download the VicEmergency app onto their mobile devices to keep abreast of any fire alerts.
CHANGES TO A BOOKING:
- We understand that circumstances may arise where you need to change the dates of your booking. All changes are subject to the Owner’s approval and must be made in excess of 28 days from your arrival date. An administration fee of $55 will apply, and any changes to rates or costs incurred by owner will be borne by the guest (where applicable).
- Any changes made less than 28 days from your arrival date that cannot be accommodated (or are not approved by the owner) will forfeit your deposit.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number agreed with the Agent upon booking. Any amendments to the agreed number of occupants must be made in writing/email prior to arrival and are subject to approval. RT Edgar reserves the right to enforce the Functions/Parties and/or Code of Conduct Policies stated herein if the occupancy agreement is exceeded or breached.
- If a full replacement booking can be secured, all monies paid will be refunded less an administration fee of $165.
- If a part replacement booking can be secured, the guest may be responsible for those days not covered by the replacement booking.
- Monies paid (excluding bond) will not be refunded if the property cannot be rebooked.
- Shortened Stay: the unused portion of the rental is not refundable
- RT Edgar strongly recommends that you obtain travel Insurance and will not be held responsible for costs, loss of deposit and payments made or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government Regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule or from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control.
- The Owners take no responsibility for your or your guests personal property during your stay or items left at the property on departure.
- When requested, we will endeavour to recover and return items left in your holiday rental property but take no responsibility. Items will be returned by COD and large items will only be held in our office for a period of 2 weeks before they are donated to charity. Note: a fee of $50 may be charged if items require collection.
PLEASE NOTE: BY MAKING A BOOKING IT IS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED WITH THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU RECOGNISE ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN A PENALTY INCLUDING CANCELLATION OF STAY OR FINE.
ALL FEES LISTED ARE INCLUSIVE OF GST AND PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY ADDITIONAL WORK REQUIRED ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY ATTRACT ADDITIONAL COSTS
Thank you for choosing one of our holiday accommodation properties and we wish you a very happy stay on the Mornington Peninsula. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.