Terms and Conditions
Short Stay Accommodation
Terms and Conditions
BOOKING TERMS: All booking requests are subject to confirmation.
- Terms and Conditions are nonnegotiable. By booking with RT Edgar Mornington Peninsula, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
- Deposit of 50% of the rent to be paid within 24 hours of acceptance. All bookings will incur an RT Edgar booking fee of $55 (inc. GST) plus any reseller fees.
- Payment can be made by EFT, Mastercard or Visa. Merchant fees apply for credit card transactions.
- Balance of rent and bond to be finalised 30 days prior to arrival date.
- Bookings made within 30 days of arrival date must be paid in full (including bond) at the time of booking.
- Our properties are NOT available or to be used for functions, weddings or celebrations of any kind. A minimum fine of $1,000 will be incurred should an unauthorised function be held at the property (full security bond may also be forfeited). If security/police are called to the property for any reason, the tenants may be evicted immediately.
- No Schoolies bookings are permitted.
- Commercial activities of any type are prohibited at any property (unless otherwise approved).
- A security bond is required for all short stay rental bookings. We hold your security bond in a trust account and refund to you after the property has been inspected post departure. Payment can be made by EFT, Mastercard or Visa. Merchant fees apply for credit card transactions.
- Security bonds will be refunded within seven (7) business days of the guest’s departure unless a bond claim is made by the owner of the property. Security bonds paid by credit card will be refunded to that same credit card with no exceptions. This is a security measure to help prevent fraud.
- The cost of any damage to the property, excessive cleaning or missing linen caused by the tenant or any other occupants is recoverable by the owner and deducted from the bond.
- Disputes regarding existing damage, cleaning or rubbish will not be entered into unless reported to our office upon arrival at the premises.
- Damage or breakages to the property must be reported to the office immediately. If a tenant or any occupant is at fault, charges will be deducted from the security bond. If we, the agent is required to access the property due to damage or excess cleaning, a $165 call out fee will be deducted from the security bond.Include excessive staining damage or missing linen deducted from bond
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number agreed with the Agent upon booking. We must be notified by email prior to arrival, of any increase to the number of tenants agreed to. The landlord will be compensated $100 per person for extra guests. The number of guests may determine the amount of bond held.
ARRIVAL AND KEY COLLECTION
- Keys are to be collected from our office from 2pm on your day of arrival unless otherwise advised. Arrivals outside office hours need to confirm alternate key collection.
- Photo identification must be shown when collecting key.
- All guests are responsible for the safekeeping of keys/remote controls. The associated costs will be deducted from the security bond for lost or damaged keys.
- Properties must be vacated, and keys returned to the appropriate RT Edgar Mornington Peninsula office (or key safe if provided at the property) by 10am at the end of your stay; unless otherwise agreed with RT Edgar in advance.
- If housekeeping staff are inconvenienced or rescheduled due to late departure, guests may incur additional costs.
- Dishes need to be washed, dried and stacked away and/or dishwasher emptied.
- BBQ must be clean. An $85 cleaning fee will apply if not cleaned on your departure.
- All rubbish removed from the property and placed into appropriate garbage bins provided. It may be a requirement to take rubbish bins out for collection if you are staying in the property on a collection day, check the collection day in the property compendium, failure to do so will incur a bin fee (min fee of $60 will apply depending on the amount of rubbish) which will be deducted from your bond.
- If any or all of these items are not attended to, the additional cleaning time and associated costs required to bring the property up to standard will be deducted from your bond or be otherwise recoverable from you.
- Refer to full checkout procedures – as below.
Unless otherwise stated, telephone and internet access are not available at our Short Stay Rental properties. Access to and use of WiFi (where available) is subject to the terms and conditions set out below:
- The Owners will take reasonable action to provide reliable, secure and stable access to the guest WiFi, but does not guarantee that the guest WiFi will be continuous, fault free, secure or accessible at all times.
- The Owners will not be liable if access to the guest WiFi becomes unstable, unsecured, slow or unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
- Should the WiFi not be available due to technical, or service issues NO compensation will be given.
- Television reception varies due to weather conditions and location. We cannot guarantee the quality of the reception at individual properties.
- Please do not, under any circumstances attempt to re-tune the television as you may be liable for the cost of having it professionally reprogrammed.
GARDENS, POOL, PARKING AND MAINTENANCE
- In the event of any electrical, gas or battery-operated appliance failing to operate, (other than an emergency eg. gas leak, hot water service failure, toilet blockage etc.) the owner is under no obligation to replace or repair during the term of your stay.
- Note: Service people (lawn mowing, pool maintenance etc.) may come onto the property without warning during your stay. We endeavour to notify guests when this will happen, but it can be difficult in some cases due to disruptions in scheduling due to weather, fire restrictions etc.
- Settings for any pool or spa are automated and any guest who tampers with the pool setting will lose their bond. In addition, please be mindful of the Mornington Peninsula Shire Code of Conduct, we ask you not to use the pool after 11pm and before 8am as a courtesy to our neighbours.
- Never allow pets into the pool and keep pets away from the pool area
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES WHEN IN THE SPA AND POOL
- TOILETS: DO NOT flush any sanitary products or foreign objects down the toilet. If a blockage occurs due to foreign objects being flushed, the guest will be liable for the plumbing costs.
- Parking is only permitted in allocated bays/areas and driveways within the property. Please do not park on nature strips, lawns or garden beds of the property.
- Any maintenance issues must be reported to our office (or phoned through to the afterhours number for urgent repairs). No responsibility will be accepted for maintenance accounts/expenses that are not directed through our office.
Pets are only allowed where specific arrangements have been made PRIOR to arrival. In those instances:
- There is a Pet Levy of $50 per pet, at pet-friendly properties
- Please bring your own bedding and bowls for your pets
- Do not allow pets on bedding and furniture
- Do not lock pets inside while you are out. We do not take responsibility for pets left in courtyards or fenced gardens, you must do so at your own risk.
- Constant barking and/or howling is not acceptable and will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the termination of the booking.
- Please check the courtyards and garden areas thoroughly before you leave and clean up any mess left by your pets. Failure to do so will incur additional charges.
- Your pets are an extension of you. You will be charged for any damage at the property including damage to plants, driveways, irrigation systems, hoses, outdoor furniture etc caused by your pets.
- Excessive cleaning of hair on furniture or bedding may also incur a cost.
- Is NOT PERMITTED at the property, all properties are smoke free zones (i.e. both inside the home and outdoors).
- Any evidence of smoking or butts left at the property, including grounds and garden, will incur an additional cleaning fee of $40 and will be deducted from the Security Bond.
If security cameras are in place at your short stay property they will be turned off during your stay.
Our team is here to help make your stay a pleasant one. We expect that you treat our staff as you like to be treated. We will not tolerate any verbal abuse or aggressive behaviour.
- We as Agents act in good faith when taking bookings; therefore, we accept no responsibility for bookings made over the phone or by internet, without the guest having inspected the property first, or incorrect dates entered by a tenant when booking.
- Our properties are privately owned, and any action taken by the owners may be beyond our control; such as a property being sold, rental rates being increased prior to confirmation of a booking, or on the rare occasion, the property being taken off the rental market after a booking has been made. In such a situation, all reasonable endeavors will be made to offer you alternative holiday accommodation but without liability.
- RT Edgar Mornington Peninsula will not be held responsible for failure of utilities and appliances if they cease to function. However, we will report incidents to the property owner and follow their instructions. The guest agrees to allow tradesmen onto the property to allow repairs to be made where necessary.
- In the event of renovation/building work being carried out in or near the short stay premises, such work is beyond our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
- RT Edgar Mornington Peninsula or the property owner can accept no liability whatsoever in respect of any alteration, delay, or cancellation or any other loss or damage of any kind caused by civil commotions, strikes, industrial disputes, natural disaster, fire, declaration of code red, floods, storms, failure of public utilities, mechanical breakdown, acts of Government or Public Authority, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of any form of transport which are beyond our control or any other circumstances that amount to ‘acts of God’.
- For After Hours Emergencies, call 000.For issues that cannot wait until the following day, please call the office you made your booking through.
CODE RED FIRE DAY
- We will make every endeavour to contact guests if their arrival day coincides with the announcement of a code red fire day.
- We encourage guests to download the VicEmergency app onto their mobile devices to keep abreast of any fire alerts.
CHANGES TO A BOOKING:
- We understand that circumstances may arise where you need to change the dates of your booking. All changes are subject to the Owner’s approval and must be requested in excess of 30 days from your arrival date. An administration fee of $55 will apply and any changes to rates or costs incurred by owner will be borne by the guest (where applicable).
- The original booking will stand if changes requested by the guest cannot be accommodated.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number agreed with the Agent upon booking. Any amendments to the agreed number of occupants must be made in writing/email prior to arrival and are subject to approval. RT Edgar reserves the right to enforce the Functions/Parties and/or Code of Conduct Policies stated herein if the occupancy agreement is exceeded or breached.
- All requests for cancellations and amendments to bookings must be submitted in writing. Please include booking name, Booking ID, property name & reason for cancellation/amendment.
- If a full replacement booking can be secured, all monies paid will be refunded less an administration fee of $220 and any OTA fees (online travel agency) fees.
- If a part replacement booking can be secured, the guest may be responsible for those days not covered by the replacement booking.
- Monies paid (excluding bond) will not be refunded if the property cannot be rebooked.
- Shortened Stay: the unused portion of the rental is not refundable.
- RT Edgar strongly recommends you obtain travel Insurance and will not be held responsible for costs, loss of deposit and payments made, or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government Regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule or from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control.
- The Owners take no responsibility for your, or your guests’ personal property during your stay or items left at the property on departure.
- When requested, we will endeavour to recover and return items left in your short stay rental property but take no responsibility. Items returned by post will incur a fee of $25 plus postage. If we are required to collect an item from a property, an additional fee of $50 will be charged for the collection. Large items will only be held in our office for a period of 2 weeks before they are donated to charity.
PLEASE NOTE: BY MAKING A BOOKING IT IS ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREED WITH THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THAT YOU RECOGNISE ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN A PENALTY INCLUDING CANCELLATION OF STAY OR FINE.
ALL FEES LISTED ARE INCLUSIVE OF GST AND ANY ADDITIONAL WORK REQUIRED ABOVE AND BEYOND OUR STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY ATTRACT ADDITIONAL COSTS
YOUR CHECK OUT PROCEDURE:
- BINS – Remove all rubbish from the house and place both household bin roadside to avoid cartage and tip charges
- BBQ – Clean grill /hotplates thoroughly. A cleaning fee will be charged if left unclean
- DOORS & WINDOWS – Close and lock all doors and windows
- APPLIANCES – Switch off all appliances and lights
- DISHES – Wash, dry and put away all dishes
- DISHWASHER – Leave empty
- OVEN/STOVE/GRILL – Leave clean to avoid an excess cleaning charge
- KITCHEN – Wipe down all appliances, benches and splashbacks
- FLOORS – Sweep or vacuum excess dirt
- FRIDGE & PANTRY – Remove all your food and wipe shelves
- BATHROOM – Leave tidy and hang wet towels to dry
- REMOTE CONTROLS – Please leave them where you found them – a replacement fee may be charged if they go missing
- POOLS – Turn off heating for spas or pools where required
- UMBRELLAS – Always take down and secure when unattended
- COVERS – Return covers to outdoor furniture
- PETS – Clean up after your pet, inside and out in pet friendly properties
- FIREPLACES – Ensure fire is extinguished and/or wood heater door is closed before leaving the property
- PERSONAL ITEMS – Double check all personal items are removed from the property
- SECURITY ALARM – Set alarm on departure (if applicable)
- KEYS – Return keys to keysafe or to our office by 10.00am on departure day